~A Brief History of the Faith Baptist Church~
Our church was planted by the Lindale Baptist Church and (then) Pastor David Doan in 1955. Brother Arthur Gordon labored in this mission work until he was stricken with polio. On October 25, 1958 the work was officially organized as a local New Testament Baptist Church, originally called First Baptist Church, and assembled in an old building on the corner of 4th and Gay Streets in Williamsburg. Under the leadership of Pastor Ken Ogle, the Church outgrew that building and broke ground for the present facilities on State Route 133, south of the village, in 1968. When the church moved into the new building (which was built by the men of the church) the name was officially changed to Faith Baptist. The church soon added a Sunday School wing to the auditorium building and a separate educational facility was built in 1977. In 1972 the church undertook a major ministry, beginning Faith Baptist Christian School, and operated it for almost two decades. The church's Missions Program has long been a highlight of its endeavors. As the church testifies: "Our Lord has given us the privilege to support some of the finest [missionaries] we have known."
The church has been served by just several pastors in its fifty-plus years of ministry: Don Sewell (1958-1961), John Butler (1961-1964), John Gilstrap (1964-1966), Kenneth Ogle (1966-2009), and Mike Reeder (2010 - present).