Our Beliefs - what we believe the Bible teaches...
Faith Baptist Church is an independent congregation holding to historic Baptist beliefs, including, but not limited to the following statements, since the entire Word of God is our "Statement of Faith."
- We believe that the Bible is the very Word of God without error, and that we should believe it and obey it completely. The Authorized (King James) Version is the only English Bible we use in our ministries. We believe it is our responsibility as a New Testament Church to observe and uphold the Word of God.
- We are Trinitarian, that is we believe in the one true God, as He reveals Himself in the Bible: eternally self-existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Spirit.
- We believe God created the entire universe in six literal days, as described in the early chapters of Genesis, and rested on the seventh day.
- We believe all men are lost and sinful by nature, and that our only hope is a true relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. This relationship is provided by God's grace and is entered through repentance and faith on man's part. One's faith must rest solely on the Person and Work (His sacrifice and shed blood, and bodily resurrection) of the Lord Jesus Christ to have access to God. We are neither Calvinist nor Arminian in belief.
- We believe that a true New Testament Church is a congregation of genuinely saved and scripturally baptized members covenanted together to fulfill the work Christ commissioned it to do.
- We believe it is the responsibility of God's people to live holy and walk consciously in the power of the Holy Spirit. However, we are neither "charismatic" nor "Pentecostal" in belief or practice.
- We are both "Pre-Millennial" and "Pre-Tribulational" in our view of future events. (We believe the Lord Jesus is returning soon!) We desire to be found loving, honoring, and serving the Lord Jesus Christ when He returns.
- In reality our church is all about Jesus Christ. We believe that He is Lord and He alone is to have the preeminence in His church, just as the Bible teaches. Thus, at Faith we preach and teach the Bible in a setting and manner intended to please the Lord Himself, convict and help those who need Christ, as well as encourage and help God's people to grow spiritually.
- We believe it is our responsibility to share the message of Christ with everyone we can, and to be committed disciples of Jesus, seeking to practice a life-style that pleases Him.
NOTE: You may contact us if you desire to see a more comprehensive (lengthy and detailed) statement of our faith.
We will only send it at our discretion.